Embracing your role at Room & Board comes from defining your authority and responsibility as well as understanding how your actions impact the broader success of the company. You must also understand how you play a role in strengthening our culture and ultimately providing an extraordinary experience for our customers.
The Information Technology Project Manager has the overall responsibility for the successful planning and execution of projects within IT which ultimately support those individuals and practices that influence our overall Customer Experience. The Project Manager works with both business and technical resources to manage efficient execution of approved projects.
- Manage information technology projects which may include application development, infrastructure or process improvement efforts.
- Work with business partners to understand business strategies and to define and manage projects related to the delivery of technology-based solutions.
- Develop and maintain detailed project plans to ensure that project scope, objectives, schedules, resource requirements and budgets are clearly defined and managed.
- Develop plans and lead efforts to regularly communicate project status to key business and technology stakeholders.
- Directly and indirectly manage both internal and external resources assigned to projects.
- Assist in the definition of work and the tracking of progress for external resources.
- Simultaneously manage multiple projects of varying size and complexity.
- Lead workload planning efforts for one or more groups of technology resources.
- Use Agile planning methods to manage work efforts for the group. This includes defining Sprints, leading regular standup meetings, slotting work efforts, maintaining a backlog and leading retrospective reviews.
- Work with other IT project managers and resource managers to develop and maintain a departmental resource plan.
- Create and maintain a forward-looking project roadmap for the group.
- Work with other IT project managers to create and maintain an integrated IT roadmap
- Collaborate in ongoing efforts to develop and refine a project management discipline within Information Technology to improve overall efficiency and effectiveness.
- Work closely with other IT project managers on efforts to improve departmental project management methodology and discipline.
- Take a lead role in guiding other team members in the successful application of project management methods and disciplines to smaller and less-complex work efforts.
- Remain current with industry best-practices and lead efforts to update and refine internal practices where applicable.
Requirements and Responsibilities by Area
- Manage projects related to SAP development, enhancements, upgrades, and other various Business Systems projects.
- Familiar with SAP, or other ERP implementations.
- Manage projects associated with the delivery and maintenance of a robust technology infrastructure. Examples include: hardware and software installations to support new business solutions, technology refresh initiatives, new store openings and enterprise-level application and integration projects.
- Basic understanding of network, storage, server, security and data center infrastructure.
- Manage custom software development projects related to web-based initiatives.
- Work with business partners and the Web Development team to create timelines, project milestones and own the responsibility of deployment dates.
- Understanding of Agile approach to software development with an emphasis on Scrum principles.
Measures of Success
- Productive and communicative relationships are formed with business partners and peers.
- Projects are completed within defined timeframes and meet stated objectives.
- Effective project management methods are applied to all project efforts.
- Stakeholders receive regular project status updates and timely notification of issues.
- Roadmaps and workload plans are developed and maintained to support efficient and effective utilization of IT resources.
Attributes and Experience:
- Minimum of 5-7 years of practical experience managing technology-related projects.
- Knowledge of Waterfall, Agile, Scrum and other project management methodologies.
- Strong relationship building and collaboration skills with the ability to drive consensus.
- Understand the impact systems and technology changes may have on the customer experience.
- Ability to organize and facilitate meetings including the documentation of follow-up actions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including the creation and delivery of presentations.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office Suite, and Microsoft Visio.
- Proven organizational skills and a keen eye for detail.
- Self-starter with creative thinking and problem solving skills.
Building common ground through understanding and shared experiences. We’re better together.