Love What You Do.
As a Warehouse Inventory & Furniture Repair Supervisor (Leadership Associate) with Room & Board, you will report to the Delivery Market Manager and join a team of 3 peers who work collaboratively to lead and inspire a team of 100± associates who are responsible for providing exceptional service to our local and national customers at all points of interaction in the process of delivering over $100MM of home furnishings annually.
As a leader, you’ll be responsible for supporting the delivery process through superior inventory control and timely product flow. This includes a team of 13± highly skilled professionals on our inventory and repair teams. With a focus on delivering an exceptional customer experience, you bring a hands-on and collaborative leadership style that develops high caliber teams, embodies our culture and builds our business.
In this role you will also:
- Facilitate the efficient flow of inventory with a focus on quality, cost control and metrics.
- Support a team culture that is passionate about the customer experience.
- Strategize and support processes that promote efficiencies and maintain a safe, clean and organized work environment.
- Support all financial and operational aspects of the business and protect company assets.
Location: 4600 Olson Memorial Highway, Golden Valley, MN
Schedule: Monday to Friday 6:00 AM to 2:30 PM, with additional hours as needed to fulfill obligations of the role.
Where you shine:
- You genuinely enjoy developing others and can demonstrate with real examples. You offer experiences that enrich each individual’s career, support their personal and professional growth and foster a learning environment. You naturally bring individual strengths together as a unified team. You’re hands on in the day-to-day without losing sight of the big picture.
- You’re recognized for the relationships you build. Whether it’s the follow through on your promise, your consistent flow of communication, your solid project execution or your ability to make clear the tradeoffs with a particular decision, other teams can count on you.
- You lead with enthusiasm and a collaborative spirit. You bring a positive energy that is contagious and a key factor when it comes to turning the day around. And when it comes to moving mountains, people naturally gravitate toward your mission.
The experiences you’ll draw from and the qualifications you’ll bring:
7+ years of experience in warehouse, inventory, logistics, delivery, distribution and/or retail management with an operational focus, with at least 3 years of leading a team of 5 or more distribution/delivery professionals, ideally in a customer-facing environment.
- Exceptional communication skills – both verbal & written.
- Experience and comfort operating power equipment (e.g., cherry picker, forklift, electric pallet jack).
What you can expect from us:
- A competitive salary including a comprehensive benefit package (e.g., 401(k), profit sharing, 3 weeks’ vacation, etc.). Visit our career site to view all benefits offered by Room & Board.
- A unique work environment where you are given the freedom and autonomy to do the right thing for our customers, our vendor partners and each other. Continue to learn more by visiting our Careers site, where you’ll also find specific details about our Delivery & Distribution Centers.
Building common ground through understanding and shared experiences. We’re better together.