Love What You Do.
You have a passion for design and home furnishings! You would love to balance your current life’s work with a fulfilling weekend career that provides you generous benefits (health benefits, three weeks paid vacation, and profit sharing & more) and surrounds you with positive and professional people and beautiful home furnishings that feature American craftsmanship.
As a part-time, 3-day/weekend Design Associate with Room & Board, you will inspire customers to create homes they love. We hire Design Associates from a broad spectrum of careers and life experiences, but they are first and foremost passionate about serving the customer.
What you bring to be successful:
- You love connecting with customers. You come to work every day energized and excited to create meaningful experiences for our customers as you lead them through the sales process. You are professional, pro-active and respectful in all your interactions.
- You thrive being agile & busy. You’re energized by the high energy pace of our weekends and range of interactions with our customers. You bring the stamina– both physical and mental – to maintain the pace.
- You focus on providing the right solution. You thrive in a solution-based, non-commissioned selling environment that is collaborative and design-focused. You’re comfortable guiding a customer through the creative design process with their needs in mind.
- You’re more than a team player. You are self-aware and self-confident. You build successful relationships by engaging others with an open mind and an open heart. You collaborate with staff members to solve problems and find solutions.
- You embrace technology. You’re comfortable learning and leveraging technology (Apple iPad, Icovia floor planning software, custom point of sale system, etc.) to support your work, drive productivity and to enhance the customer experience.
- You are a lifelong learner. You seek out opportunities to build your knowledge and hone your craft.
Additional position requirements & qualifications:
- Previous sales experience.
- Available to work every Saturday, Sunday & Monday - 24 hrs/wk
- Available to attend 3 one-week, 40-hour on-site training sessions (we can offer some flexibility if needed).
7010 France Avenue South Edina, MN 55435
What you’ll find:
- Our environment fosters curiosity and learning. You will be supported as you build your design confidence and grow in your understanding of our product offerings.
- Our compensation, profit sharing, benefits and work space are designed to support the physical, financial and emotional well-being of you and your family, including domestic partnerships.To learn more about working at Room & Board, visit www.roomandboard.com/careers
- To view all benefits offered by Room & Board, click here.
About Our Company
Our collaborative spirit leaves little room for bureaucracy and cumbersome rules. Instead we keep it simple, take accountability, solve problems and ultimately do the right thing. We believe in each other.
Room & Board is a privately held, national retailer of modern home furnishings based in Minneapolis, Minnesota with locations across the country. Since 1980, we’ve been providing extraordinary experiences for our customers as we help them create homes they love. We create exclusive contemporary designs and believe expertly crafted American-made furniture offers the best value in terms of quality, design longevity and environmental sustainability.
We seamlessly serve our customers through 15 stores, a robust e-commerce site, Business Interiors channel and Customer Care support. Join us and love what you do. It makes for a great day at work.
Building common ground through understanding and shared experiences. We’re better together.