At Room & Board, our Retail Operations team supports our ability to provide a seamless and efficient customer experience through supportive services that ensure efficiency, agility and accountability in all aspects of the retail team’s work.
As a Retail Customer Experience Leader, you will be part of a 2-person team working closely with our Retail Strategy Team to support our retail teams across 16 stores by ensuring they have the information, tools and resources to deliver a seamless and extraordinary experience for our customers. Your work is centered on the evolving customer experience and supported through a strong connection to all channels and cross functional, internal partners.
Additionally in this role, you will:
- Serve as a strategic and support partner to our retail teams in the areas of communication, education, customer experience, selling tools, delays, reporting & analytics and operations.
- Develop, organize and update tools and resources, including training and development, to support the retail teams, operational processes and customer experience.
- Leverage knowledge of retail practices, the evolving customer experience and organizational goals to identify themes, inform strategies and prioritize focuses to guide the work of the team.
- Assist internal partners in gleaning retail insights, defining channels of communication with retail teams and managing and executing projects that impact our customer facing roles.
- Provide assistance in the development of content for retail team meetings. Facilitate topics, activities and other experiences as needed.
The Qualities you bring:
- You’re grounded in strong communication and collaboration. You take steps to understand your audience and gather insights/feedback as you hone the perfect tool/resource to support them.
- You love to think creatively and create solutions. You thrive in environments where you’re not bound by rules and policies; instead you’re encouraged to solve problems in innovative ways. You’re also comfortable leveraging technology to help drive results.
- You excel at managing projects/initiatives. You effectively handle multiple projects and priorities. And, you’re comfortable jumping in midstream and quickly accessing the situation to keep the project moving.
- You bring equal parts “big picture thinking” and “roll up the sleeves get things done”. You pay close attention to detail when it comes to analyzing data (sales, returns, delays, surveys, scorecard results, etc.) without losing sight of the overarching goal or need you’re trying to solve. You excel at executing on the team’s vision.