As a Retail Inventory Associate /Outlet Lead at Room & Board, you will join a 6-person team responsible for managing the product flow in and out of and the operations of our 25,000 sq. ft. Outlet. You will be responsible for providing an accurate and seamless inventory experience along with planning the product flow from our Delivery and Distribution centers located throughout the United States. Additionally, you’ll ensure that our Weekend Outlet operates effectively by offering work direction to our part-time weekend staff and guaranteeing that we are providing the best possible customer experience.
This full-time, fully-benefited position is located at our Weekend Outlet attached to our Central Office in Golden Valley, MN (4600 Olson Memorial Highway Golden Valley, MN 55422) with working hours of 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday and every other Weekend from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Saturday and 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Sunday.
You will be responsible for:
- Unloading product from our trucks onto the showroom floor, assessing product conditions, and strategically pricing the product
- Verifying the accuracy of all product flows in/out of the Outlet within our system (SAP) by performing regular cycle counts and executing the transfer process.
- Communicating with all Delivery centers to ensure loading accuracy, a balanced mix of product, and to discuss product /vendor trends
- Merchandising the sales floor by balancing presentation while maximizing showroom floor space for optimum weekend sales
- Maintaining a welcoming environment to enhance the customer experience by training staff members on weekends and being the point person for elevated customer issues/questions
What success looks like:
- You are a problem solver by nature. You lead with thoughtful questions and can resolve any inventory discrepancies. When it comes to the type of problems you prefer to handle, complex and sophisticated trumps routine and predictable. You simply love the challenge.
- You love connecting with customers. You come to work on the weekends energized and excited to create meaningful experiences for our customers as you help them through the selection process. You are professional, pro-active and respectful in all your interactions.
- You’re more than a team player. You are self-aware and self-confident. You build successful relationships by engaging others with an open mind. You collaborate with staff members to solve problems and find solutions.
- You embrace technology. You’re comfortable learning and leveraging technology (SAP, Microsoft Office Suite) to support your work, drive productivity and to enhance the customer experience.
- You’re self-driven. You are a self-starter and are pro-active in identifying opportunities to be more efficient. You simply take pride in being held accountable to accuracy.
- You understand the importance of safe working habits and that this is a physically-demanding role requiring you to repeatedly lift 75-100 pounds independently throughout some days.
- You’re open to balancing a dual role of focusing on accuracy and supporting the inventory process during the week while switching gears on the weekends to be customer service oriented while leading 25 – 30 part-time staff members per shift.
- Ability to effectively use other software programs as necessary
- You'll need to pass a criminal background check, pre-employment physical and physical abilities test.
What we offer:
- A guaranteed salary + overtime.
- A comprehensive benefit package, including medical, dental, three weeks of paid vacation, a matching 401(k), an annual health and wellness reimbursement up to $300 and more.
To view all benefits offered by Room & Board, please visit: https://www.roomandboard.com/careers/benefits-wellbeing.ftl
About our Company
Our collaborative spirit leaves little room for bureaucracy and cumbersome rules. Instead we keep it simple, take accountability, solve problems and ultimately do the right thing. We believe in each other.
Room & Board is a privately held, national retailer of modern home furnishings based in Minneapolis, Minnesota with locations across the country. Since 1980, we've been providing extraordinary experiences for our customers as we help them create homes they love. We create exclusive contemporary designs and believe expertly crafted American-made furniture offers the best value in terms of quality, design longevity and environmental sustainability.
We seamlessly serve our customers through 16 stores, a robust e-commerce site, Business Interiors channel and Customer Care support. Join us and love what you do. It makes for a great day at work.
To learn more about Room & Board visit www.roomandboard.com
Building common ground through understanding and shared experiences. We're better together.