• Email Specialist (Retail / Home Furnishings)

    Job ID
    US-MN-Golden Valley | US-MN-Minneapolis
    Central Office - Information Technology
  • Overview

    At Room & Board, our customer service is second to none. We provide a significant amount of touch points as we keep our customers informed throughout their purchase journey - email serving as a key source of communication. We also provide thoughtful and personalized e-mail marketing campaigns. Between these two strategies, email has a tremendous impact on the customer experience and our sales, therefore, our business and reputation.


    We’re seeking an Email Specialist to join our uniquely structured Web Customer Experience team comprised of talented UX architects, designers, merchants, developers, data analysts and project managers (17± people) dedicated to providing an extraordinary online experience for our customers and strengthening brand loyalty. This newly created role provides a great opportunity if you’re emerging in the email profession and have a desire to gain exposure to more facets of the work.


    Reporting to the Director of Web Customer Experience and working within an agile environment, you will own the day-to-day details of supporting our email deliverables – building, scheduling, maintaining, troubleshooting, modifying and updating content changes (e.g., pricing, product details, etc.), including the trickledown effect when it comes to keeping information current.



    Location: 4600 Olson Memorial Highway, Golden Valley, MN 55422 (Highway 100 & Highway 55)


    What you can expect:

    • You’ll come into a well-established and highly nuanced/personalized program with a focus on maintaining and an eye toward improvements/enhancements.
    • You’ll spend about 30%± of your time on Transactional emails: supporting our retail and delivery/logistics partners for automation in our communication to our customers (order confirmation, delivery confirmation, delay notices, etc.) The other 70%± is spent on more traditional scheduled marketing email campaigns.
    • We have high standards and high output in our work, but you’re not going to be up in the middle of the night to confirm a delivery was successful.



    The qualities you bring:

    • You take pride in high-quality output, with a commitment to deadlines as you work collaboratively across teams/functions.
    • You bring an emerging technical acumen and a desire to develop technically (SQL, HTML, CSS). And, you look for opportunities to bring your ideas forward.
    • You’re proactive by nature and take the initiative to solve for things. Your hyper attention to detail provides the team with a “Peace of mind” knowing everything’s covered.
    • You thrive in an environment where the pace is steady, accountability and standards are high and the autonomy to do the right thing is the cornerstone of how we work.


    The Experience, Skills and Education you bring:

    • Bachelor’s degree in marketing, computer science, communications or a relevant field strongly preferred; equivalent experience will be considered.
    • 1+ years of experience building, coding, optimizing and deploying email campaigns and triggered sends.
    • Hands-on experience working in an email platform; Salesforce Marketing Cloud experience is strongly desired.

    About Our Company


    Our collaborative spirit leaves little room for bureaucracy and cumbersome rules. Instead we keep it simple, take accountability, solve problems and ultimately do the right thing. We believe in each other.


    Room & Board is a privately held, national retailer of modern home furnishings based in Minneapolis, Minnesota with locations across the country. Since 1980, we’ve been providing extraordinary experiences for our customers as we help them create homes they love. We create exclusive contemporary designs and believe expertly crafted American-made furniture offers the best value in terms of quality, design longevity and environmental sustainability.


    We seamlessly serve our customers through 16 stores, a robust e-commerce site, Business Interiors channel and Customer Care support. Join us and love what you do. It makes for a great day at work.


    Room & Board is a place where people can flourish because they can be themselves. We celebrate our difference, including our beliefs and cultural traditions as well as all of the life experiences that define us. We build common ground through understanding and shared experiences. We're better together!


    <p style="margin: 0px;">Sorry! The Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.</p><p style="margin: 0px;">&nbsp;</p><p style="margin: 0px;">&nbsp;</p>
    Share on your social networks

    Want to be the first to know when job openings you’re interested in come available? Connect with us!